How do you milk a soy bean?
Anyway. So, remember that electricity thing in my hands I was writing about? Firday my motherboard fried. No kidding. Just blew...lights a flashing, gone. No warning, one minute it was there, the next...poof! At the same time, I get a call from Barry that his truck died. And I guess there was some big electrical something that took out lots of people's computers?? (I really need to start paying attention)
Fortunately, Barry had won a computer a couple months ago AND his brother who spends half his waking life tinkering on computers just happened to come over like 10 minutes later so he just popped the old hard drive into the new and we can use both...blah, computers are boring mmmyeah. So we are lucky. And good to go, cept for having to re-install all the programs,,,,boring, mmmyeah.
Went to see Jesus Christ Superstar at Wolf Trap on Saturday. It was really great, really powerful. Jesus was Ted Neely, who believe it or not can still hit those insane notes. It was kinda funny when he first came out though because there was a hush in the whole audience as each person turned to one another and said "OHHHH HE"S OLD!!!!!" Like we all expected him not to age....
Judas was amazing. Man, that music is sooo good and sooo hard! I can't imagine doing a play with that kind of talent--we think we have talent AND WE DO but a whole cast of musicians who are as good as our best musician is just amazing. The harmonies.....and the dancing...sigh. Wow. Although I did have many people come up to me and say that our staging of "Trial before Pilate" was much better...but they could just be being nice :) But I do sort of agree (sssh, don't tell!) But the rest OMG, amazing. And Ted Neely was really great, even though he kinda looked like an old oriental sage--it worked, sort of made it kung fu--ish....
It was great to see everyone too! If you've never done a play, it's hard to understand just how much of a family you create during it. You really do miss everyone when it's done...it's like everyone moved or something. It's so nice to get to hug each other and plot the "next one"...
Speaking of,
I put a survey on the CCPC Theater page for who ever is interested to have a say in what they think the next play should be. The responses have been really interesting. I'll put a list when I get done this post.
Lastly, went to church Sunday. (that's 2 in a row!!!) Can someone tell me what the heck is the deal with the music? As I heard someone around me singing (no names!)
"Grant us courage,
Grant us PATIENCE,
As this song goes on and on......."
Just wondering....sigh. It would be kinda fun to kick it up a notch or two...or have some more Women's Sunday with spirit and enthusiasm. Arrgh. I used to like "God of the Sparrow". When it's not a death march. Crud. I really want to go to church every week. And I really don't want to spend the whole time wishing it was over....
Sorry. Just venting...
Have a great week, talk to you soon
No comments:
Post a Comment