From my chair I can see my perpetual calendar. It's a whiteboard that I have marked off 28 blocks with colored tape so I can keep track of what is going on. Each member of the family is a different color marker and we write down our appointments and each Monday I erase the last week and start the next.
I get very excited when you can see a lot of white--that means we are not really all that booked। Believe me, there have been times you could hardly see any white at all and each block had 4 different colors and we were nuts। We have tried really hard to prevent that from happening, we try and make better choices so we spend more time together and to have time alone so we can be better people and not stressed out messes. Get rid of the "who's the busiest" competition and just be happy.
When we are doing a show, there's always that point in the calendar when you can see the yellow stars and know you are down to the wire. Less than a month away.
We are at that point. So I know it's time to step it up. Turn the yikes into action.
Rut roh.....well, at least we finally have decided on the songs.....lol!
My board is gonna be so beautifully white after this. For a whole summer! And I get 2 vacations! Both with my bestest friends. I am so pysched. You just have no idea. I feel so blessed.
Right now my board is not white. I really should be getting to work, I am in way over my head. But I am in a summer frame of mind....sigh....
My greatest wish for mankind today: May you all start to see more white in your board--Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment