Everything has been in such an upheaval for the last month. I've had so many folks tell me they just want to get back to normal. My teacher friends have loved it--my parent friends, not so much. It's an interesting case study to watch what happens when routines are completely broken... and not by choice, like vacation. My Reiki appointments have been very interesting, the energy is like a white fuzz, people feel detached from their bodies, mind in a fog.
It got worse as we all tried to go back to work. Trying to navigate the changes to our landscape, while dealing with people driving in this foggy, white fuzz state of mind has been brutal. I've tried to work my yogis a bit harder to get them back in touch with their bodies. If you ask them to hold a warrior pose for 10-15 breaths, they will rapidly remember where their thighs are!
I've been stressed. My schedule is always in an upheaval so I didn't have the confusion of navigating changes. In fact, other than one class, I just kept on working. I'm having the melt down (pardon the pun) now as I plan to disrupt my schedule with a trip to Florida. Such juggling! Crunching up my appointments, rearranging my classes before and after, figuring out how to work in rehearsals and retreats and lordy, how do you pack for going from ice/snow everywhere to 80 degrees?
Not that I'm complaining. In fact, the stress is because I know the minute that plane takes off, Bowie, snow, shows, classes, traffic will all disappear in a white fuzzy fog to be replace with a cold Landshark in the hot sun........ahhhhhhhhh! Stress? What Stress?
Maybe I won't come back.
3 comments:
Normal is just a setting on the dryer.
I don't have that setting on my dryer but I do have it on my new dishwasher.
Have a margarita for me!
Post a Comment